Filtrometer™ Air Energy Controller™
Clean Technology for Green Buildings
What the Air Energy Controller™ (AEC-3) is:
A monitoring system for air handler units providing performance data on filters, pressure, airflow and energy usage.
- Improves air quality.
- Optimizes the airflow through your system.
- Maximizes HVAC efficiency.
- Minimizes filter waste.
- Increases your Green Building/LEED points.
What the AEC-3 does:
- Measures filter pressure drop.
- Measures the filter's average velocity.
- Calculates the energy being used.
- Calculates the filter condition.
- Determines the filter replacement point when cost, condition, energy &/or time parameters are met.
- All at variable or constant velocities.
Who we are:
Precision Air Technology Inc. of Kirkland, WA. We have three patented devices:
- The original Filtrometer™, the 2023
- The Filtrometer™ 3200
- The Filtrometer™ Air Energy Controller™
- The AEC-3™ with Automatic Calibration Monitoring (ACM)™
Why the AEC-3 was developed:
Our original idea was to accurately monitor air filters in variable air flow. Since then we realized the importance of monitoring air flow and energy used.
Where the AEC-3 works:
The AEC-3 works on any air handler unit (AHU) using particulate air filters - office buildings, retail, hospitals, schools, universities, data centers, industry.
Where Filtrometers™ are in use:
Universities, hospitals, power plants, manufacturing, corporate offices.
U.S. Green Building Council:
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), founded in 1993, is a non-profit trade organization that promotes sustainability in building design and operation. The USGBC is best known for the development of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system.
USGBC established benchmarks for the LEED Green Building Rating System in 2000. LEED is a framework for assessing building performance and meeting sustainability goals.
Here are some of the categories where Filtrometer™ technology can assist you in attaining LEED credits:
- Energy and Atmosphere (EA) Prerequisite 1; Energy Efficiency Best Management Practices; Planning. Documentation and Opportunity Assessment.
- Energy and Atmosphere (EA) Prerequisite 2; Minimum Energy Efficiency Performance; energy meters that measure all energy use throughout the performance period of building to be certified.
- Energy and Atmosphere (EA) Credit 1; Optimize Energy Efficiency Performance.
- Energy and Atmosphere (EA) Credit 2.1; Existing Building Commissioning.
- Energy and Atmosphere (EA) Credit 2.3; On Going Commissioning.
- Energy and Atmosphere (EA) Credit 3.1; Performance Measurement - Building Automation System.
- Energy and Atmosphere (EA) Credit 3.2; Performance Measurement - System-Level Metering.
- Energy and Atmosphere (EA) Credit 6; Emissions Reduction Reporting.
- Material and Resources (MR) Prerequisite; Solid Waste Management Policy.
- Material and Resources (MR) Credit 1; Sustainable Purchasing - Ongoing Consumables.
- Material and Resources (MR) Credit 6; Solid Waste Management - Waste Stream Audit.
- Material and Resources (MR) Credit 7; Solid Waste Management - Ongoing Consumables.
- Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) Prerequisite 1; Minimum Indoor Air Quality Performance.
- Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) Credit 1.1; Indoor Air Quality Best Management Practices - Indoor Air Quality Management Program.
- Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) Credit 1.2; Outdoor Air Delivery Monitoring.
- Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) Credit 1.3; Increased Ventilation.
- Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) Credit 1.4; Reduce Particles in Air Distribution.
- Innovation in Operations (IO) Credit 1;
Works in conjunction with Automatic Environmental Control Manufacturing (NAICS 334512)
© Precision Air Technology